WLVT 3.5 The Future of Public Media in the Greater Lehigh Valley
Lehigh Valley Public Media's board of directors and senior leadership team thoughtfully and carefully designed a future for our organization that will positively and measurably move the needle in our region. We call it WLVT 3.5.
Lehigh Valley Public Mediais your community-owned nonprofit organization - home to PBS39, the Lehigh Valley’s public television station; 91.3 WLVR, the Valley’s all day, every day NPR station; and LehighValleyNews.com, the region’s fastest growing online source for free news.
Engage everyone in our community through our public media resources to make the Lehigh Valley better tomorrow than it is today.
A vibrant community that is connected, informed, inspired, and engaged.
3.5 Year Goals
- We will be the Lehigh Valley’s most trusted source of objective analysis and coverage of important community issues.
- We will engage appropriate partners that positively impact the most pressing challenges of the Lehigh Valley.
- We will build a critical mass of Lehigh Valley users of our media platforms in order to inspire positive change.
- We will maximize the use of our resources to increase community engagement.
- We will improve the quality and accessibility of education for all.
- Our work and our organization will reflect the community in which we live.
- We will create programs and initiatives to scale or engage communities beyond the Lehigh Valley.
- We will build an organization that is financially stable and sustainable.
20 Year Goals
Lehigh Valley Public Media will optimize the use of its facilities by community members.
We seek to be a hub for the exchange of ideas and thoughtful discourse. Therefore, we will enhance our accessibility to the community and create new opportunities for engagement.
Lehigh Valley Public Media shall engage appropriate partners that affect the majority of the Lehigh Valley in areas such as economic development, education, health care, civic responsibility, and arts/culture.
We will engage appropriate partners in transformative, collective impact initiatives in key community priority topic areas.
Lehigh Valley Public Media shall be the pre-eminent source of objective analysis and coverage of important community issues.
We will lean upon expert partners to help us engage to address issues of concern that currently inhibit the advancement of the region.
Lehigh Valley Public Media will provide access and compelling content to the majority of the Lehigh Valley; therefore, we will inform and engage participation by the community.
We will educate and inform our community by producing relevant, engaging local content surrounding important issues.
Lehigh Valley Public Media will use the most appropriate technology to achieve our mission.
We will include the use of multiple digital platforms to reach people in whatever way they typically access information.