The Lehigh Valley’s public television station, PBS39 offers local, national, and international programming that informs, educates, and entertains while serving as a catalyst for civic engagement. Channels include PBS39, PBS39 Extra, Create TV, WORLD Channel and France 24. Licensed in Allentown, Pennsylvania, PBS39 is part of Lehigh Valley Public Media, a community-owned public media organization serving Eastern Pennsylvania and Western New Jersey.
A vibrant community that is connected, informed, inspired, and engaged.
Engage everyone in our community through our public media resources to make the Lehigh Valley better tomorrow than it is today.
The PBS39 Family of Stations
PBS39 is proud to bring the region in-depth news, including our locally-produced specials and excellent PBS programs like Nightly Business Report, Antiques Roadshow, American Experience, NOVA and so many more! Check PBS39's schedule to see where and when to watch your favorite programs.
PBS39 Extra includes some of the most popular shows on PBS39 and themed, prime time content. Check the schedule to see when you can watch and rewatch your favorite programs.
Create TV's instructional programs provide expert advice on cooking, arts & crafts, gardening, home improvement and travel. Tune in and be inspired to taste, grow, imagine, explore and live more fully. Check the schedule to see how and when you can watch your favorite programs. Visit CreateTV.com to learn more.
France 24, the international news channel, broadcasts 24/7 (6 hours a day in Spanish) to 355 million households around the world in French, Arabic, English and Spanish. From its newsroom in Paris, composed of 430 journalists, representing 35 nationalities, France 24 gives a French perspective on global affairs through a network of 160 correspondent bureaus located in nearly every country. Check France 24's schedule to see how and when you can watch your favorite programs.
At WORLD Channel, you can experience the personal stories behind the headlines. Devoted to telling stories that humanize complex issues, WORLD shares the best of public media in news, documentaries, and fact-based informational programming that helps us understand conflicts, movements and cultures that may be distinct from your own. Check the schedule to see when you can watch your favorite programs.
PBS39 goes digital to bring you the best in PBS programming for mobile, tablet and desktop! Enjoy our extensive line-up of programming like American Masters, Frontline, NOVA and more!
Watch Now >
Our Core Values and Culture
At PBS39, our culture is based on our core values. We believe in:
- We understand that we are greater than the sum of our parts and collaboration is key. We cannot operate in department silos. Our teams work together to create and build and we seek to be proactive rather than reactive.
- As stewards of the public trust, we believe in transparency, and always work with high integrity.
- Our teams are working for the greater good; We are in service to our communities and we have respect for the diversity of our community and colleagues.
- We strive to be the First, Best or Only in everything we do. We have a passion for excellence, hold ourselves to the highest standards, and work for continuous improvement.
- We provide our teams with interesting and fulfilling work in a fast-paced, challenging and boredom-free environment. We encourage creativity and innovation.
In addition to winning a number of Emmy, NETA, and other production awards, PBS39 is the recipient of the ULI Global Award for Excellence and Rudy Bruner Award for our headquarters, the Univest Public Media Center, on the SteelStacks campus. The Rudy Bruner Award celebrates the transformative impact urban design projects have on communities, while the ULI Global Award for Excellence recognizes projects that achieve a high standard of excellence in design, construction, economics, planning and management.