Town Hall with Senator Pat Toomey
PBS39 WLVT will host a community town hall with United States Senator Pat Toomey on Thursday, August 31, at the PPL Public Media Center at PBS39 in Bethlehem. PBS39 is offering this program as a part of its mission to act as a catalyst to promote civic engagement and to fulfill the regional needs of the Greater Lehigh Valley through its dynamic communication platforms and resources.
There are Two Ways to Participate
In Advance Online
Studio attendance is not required to pose a question. Your question can be submitted here until Thursday, August 31, at 8 p.m. or on PBS39’s Facebook Page.
IMPORTANT: Code of Conduct
(please read before registration)
- Any action that obstructs the audience/broadcast viewer’s sight to the stage including waving arms above head, holding anything above shoulder height, or standing (unless asking a question).
- Any action that intentionally impedes the camera or recording.
- Harassment, including physical or verbal conduct and disruption of the program.
- Vocal outbursts, clapping, or other conduct that significantly interferes with the audience member’s question, the moderator, or the Senator’s response.
- Refusal to release the microphone. Taking the microphone from the floor producer.
- Profanity and vulgarity.
- Any unwelcome physical contact or physical altercation.
- Any action PBS39 staff or Bethlehem Police deems threatening to anyone in the event space.
During the Broadcast
The TV studio audience will be able to ask questions directly to the Senator.
(Note: Registration has reached capacity. You may register to be placed on the waiting list at this time).
While certain exceptions for medical needs can be made, the following items are strictly prohibited from entry:
- Liquids, including water.
- Food or beverage of any kind, including fruit and unopened packaged food.
- Signs or banners.
- Selfie sticks.
- Non-aerosol sprays. (Prescriptions for medical needs are permitted.)
- Any bag larger than 18” wide x 14” high x 8.5” deep.
- Knives of any size.
- Aerosol containers.
- Any pointed object, e.g., knitting needles and letter openers. (Pens and pencils are permitted.)
- Electric stun guns, martial arts weapons or devices.
- Guns, replica guns, ammunition and fireworks.
- Mace and pepper spray.
- Razors and box cutters.
Attending the Broadcast? Here is What You Should Expect.
- This is a live broadcast. Attendees must be checked in and seated by 6:30 p.m. at which time PBS39 will begin pre-broadcast production.
- Entry to the event will close at 6:30 p.m.
- We require all in attendance abide by our Code of Conduct.
- Questions submitted online in advance and from the studio audience must be of a federal issue in nature.
- Only PBS39 and our editorial partners will have access to the advance questions and reserves the right of selection.
- Aisles, entrances, and exits are to be clear at all times during the live broadcast.
- A news media gallery will be provided. A video feed will be available to all media.
Directions and Parking Information
PPL Public Media Center at PBS39
(Best for GPS)
830 E. 1st St.
Bethlehem, PA 18015