Infomation and Collection Use
User Registration-Personal Information Collection
Use of Collected Information
WLVT Lehigh Valley Telecommunications Corporation, Inc. uses contact information from the registration forms and from individual transactions in the following ways:
1. To authorize credit card payments and electronic payments (wire transfers) for membership dues, products and services offered through WLVT Lehigh Valley Telecommunications Corporation, Inc.
2. To send members information about WLVT Lehigh Valley Telecommunications Corporation, Inc. This is optional. Users can select to not receive this information on the registration form or by contacting our membership department directly (e-mail, phone or mail).
Non-Personally Identifiable Information Collection
Certain passive or behavioral information is collected but is only used in aggregate for the purpose of benchmarking traffic flow and is not connected to personally identifiable information. Such information includes, but is not limited to the following:
1. Page views
2. User sessions
3. Most popular content or site views
4. Advanced path analysis
5. Access levels
6. Server activity
7. Most common browser and platforms used
8. Other technical statistics
Cookies are only used for facilitating and maintaining user sessions, and are not connected to personally identifiable information.
Protecting the privacy of children is very important to WLVT Lehigh Valley Telecommunications Corporation, Inc. We do not collect or maintain information at our website from people we actually know are under 18.
WLVT is prohibited from conditioning a child's participation in an activity on the child's disclosing more personally identifiable information than is reasonably necessary to participate in such activity. To reach us with any questions or comments, click here, call (610) 984-8100, or mail: 839 Sesame St., Bethlehem PA 18015.
This website employs industry-standard security measures to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under WLVTs control. When any WLVT form asks users to enter sensitive information (such as credit card number), that information is encrypted with VeriSign encryption software for your protection. VeriSign is the world's leading provider of digital trust services, and enables people everywhere to communicate, to exchange sensitive documents, and to engage in commerce with confidence. Digital trust services transform the Internet into a secure digital environment in which people can work and transact business safely and productively - over every kind of digital network. While on a secure page, such as our user membership form, the lock icon on the bottom of web browsers such as Netscape Navigator, Firefox, Google Chrome, Explorer et al becomes "locked," as opposed to "unlocked" (or open) when the user is just 'surfing'. To learn more about VeriSign, go tohttp://www.verisign.com/. Credit card authorization requests are sent using the same encryption technology.
Furthermore, access to users' personally identifiable information is restricted in WLVT's offices, with only certain WLVT employees granted access to such information as appropriate to perform specific jobs and tasks (e.g., a member service representative).
Reviewing/Correcting/Updating Personal Information
If a member wants to review his/her personally identifiable information or if this information changes (such as change of address), users can review, correct, update or remove their personal data provided to WLVT, Inc. in the following ways:
1. The user can send e-mail to Membership by clicking here.
2. The user can call the WLVT Membership Department at (610) 984-8100
WLVT Respects Your Privacy
Contacting WLVT Lehigh Valley Telecommunications Corporation, Inc.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this website, please contact us:
1. You can send e-mail by clicking here.
2. You can call the WLVT Lehigh Valley Telecommunications Corporation, Inc. at (610) 984-8100.